~ HOME ~ It all started with SD State Library 2.0 Challenge

Thursday, July 10, 2008

7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners

Learning is . . . acquiring a new skill or knowledge.

We should never stop learning: remember that it is never to soon or too late for learning something new, life is learning, if we aren't learning we are probably dead - and even then I can only Imagine.

After listening to the 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners tutorial. I decided that the hardest habit for me would be Habit 7: Teach/mentor others or Habit 1: Begin with the end in mind -- making decisions wasn't on the list. While I can and do teach things to others I am not really great at the whole talking and presenting thing. But stepping out of my comfort zone has been great for my personal development and the process of helping someone else learn really does help reinforce it in your own mind. As far as beginning with the end in mind I have a hard time determining what goals to have. I like learning all sorts of things and deciding what to choose takes a while - I guess making decisions was on the list.

The habit that is easiest for me? Well..., that would be Habit 2: Accept Responsibility for your own learning; or would it be Habit 4: Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner. Decisions, decisions, decisions. For me the two go together in a way - If I want to learn something I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers, Fans, and Fellow Information Seekers