~ HOME ~ It all started with SD State Library 2.0 Challenge

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Visitor

While kennel sitting I had an uninvited visitor...
It was going to be very hot Saturday and by 10:00 I had already taken each set of dogs (3 sets of 2) on a walk. (It's a lot easier walking up a hill when you have two hardy young labs walking you... hardly takes any effort at all... just pick up your feet and you'll find yourself moving forward.)

Well, back inside I heard a meadowlark singing outside and thought I'd try for a picture, but looking out the window to see where it was, my eye caught what looked like a rope lying on the ground.
The rope didn't want its picture taken...
It decided to hang out with some rakes (it does rhyme with snakes)...
...but as soon as some snake tongs arrived on the premises it promptly decided to head for cover... a nice big pile of old paint cans on the other side of that fence. (There has been a lot of cleaning up of piles and there's still more to come... at least that's not something I have to worry about... the owners are working hard to make this a great kennel (and home).)
I never did get to use those tongs... our friend left them in my care... just in case it came back out.
This guy did give a demo of his latest song The Sound of the Rattle... very nice

I'm kennel sitting again in a week and a half, but the outside portion will be completely different by then. No more scooping poo out of gravel... welcome to hosing down nicely slanted cement... and will eventually have some sort of drainage channel to a kind of doggie septic tank system. And putting gates at the end of each kennel/run will be nice too... no more weird going through one run to get to the next.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you would have seen the snake even if I hadn't warned you, but that is interesting. I'm glad to hear the new owners are putting in cement in the runs and outside doors. That will be so much easier!

    ReplyDelete

Followers, Fans, and Fellow Information Seekers